Within walking distance, Carver Park gives access to the beautiful Clackamas River. It has picnic areas, river shore access, a boat ramp, and resident ducks and geese. The boat launch available at Carver Park is only a quarter of a mile away from Clackamas River House.
The Clackamas River Recreation Area is known for fishing, boating, whitewater rafting, kayaking, canoeing, and wildlife viewing. There are some bald eagles in the area as well as many other species.
Baker’s Cabin and Pioneer Church
Less than a mile away is a National Historic Site featuring a log cabin from the Oregon Trail days. Beside it sits a renovated Pioneer Church that can be rented out for weddings, reunions, or other events.
Mt. Hood and its national forest lands boast plentiful opportunities for recreation. In the winter, there are areas for downhill skiing, cross country skiing, snowmobiles, sledding, or snowshoeing. In summer, there are hiking trails, mountain climbing trails, lakes, campsites, and more. In any season, it is a beauty to behold and offers many photographic opportunities. All this is an hour away from Clackamas River House.
Local Tourism Links
• The Official Tourism website for Portland, OR
• The Top 10 Portland Attractions
• End of The Oregon Trail Interpretive Center (about 10 minutes away)
• Boating/Rafting - Rivers and Lakes - Guide Services - Pools and Hot Springs
• Estacada Chamber of Commerce
• Baker Cabin Historical Society
• Wild & Scenic Rivers - Oregon
• Pioneer Quilt Shop (nearby quilt shop in Damascus)
• Mt. Hood Information Center
• The Stone Cliff Inn - Restaurant & Bar (This restaurant is within walking distance of us if you like to walk uphill!)
• Oregon's Mt. Hood Territory
There are several golf courses in the area within 30 minutes. Portland is about 30 minutes away and has rose gardens, Japanese gardens, art museums, a zoo, microbreweries, and much more. Sah-Hah-Lee Golf Course
Make a Reservation | Learn more about us | Contact us